We sold many of our belongings, including our home, and with the help of our children, Leah and Mark Getscher, packed up and sent our reduced inventory off with the movers to a storage unit in Mesa, Arizona. Saying goodbye to Leah and Mark was difficult, but it was especially wrenching to see them drive off with grandchildren Ethan and Eliza. We traveled across country, visiting family and friends in New Orleans, Pearland, Texas, Santa Fe, NM before settling in Mesa with children Hunt and family for 2 months. In Arizona, we celebrated Christmas, birthdays, had lots of visits with family and spent lots of time outdoors.
Since January 18 we have been in Salt Lake City eating lots of food with my almost 95-year old Mom.
We are now in the Missionary Training Center, learning how to preach the gospel, deal with cultural differences, and communicate with NGO's and CBO's in Kenya, Africa. On Valentine's Day, Sunday, Feb 14, we leave on a 26-hour flight to Kenya, Africa.
Hi Roz...Reed Swain here. Congrats on your mission call. I retired on Jan 1, 2010 and Carolyn is now working in the new Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple, but I am still serving outside of our physical Ward up in the little town of Copperton. I don't suppose it matters where we serve because the Lord always blesses us. I would be willing to go anywhere on the globe, but Carolyn is not as adventurous. May the Lord bless you over there as you improve testimonies and in general bring souls unto Jesus Christ! We will keep you in our prayers. Love, Reed
I wish you both the best of luck and want to hear more of your adventures. Alex
ReplyDeleteHi Roz...Reed Swain here.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your mission call. I retired on Jan 1, 2010 and Carolyn is now working in the new Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple, but I am still serving outside of our physical Ward up in the little town of Copperton. I don't suppose it matters where we serve because the Lord always blesses us. I would be willing to go anywhere on the globe, but Carolyn is not as adventurous. May the Lord bless you over there as you improve testimonies and in general bring souls unto Jesus Christ! We will keep you in our prayers.
Love,
Reed